Last Updated on April 17, 2023 by admin
There are times that people cannot just open jars because they are tightly closed. Some do not even have the strength to open them, especially those with arthritis. Now, the market caters to the needs of the people and sells helpful products in a wide range to choose from. There is a wide range of products designed to make easier opening the cans and jars, such as the can opener, pampered chef can opener, swing away can opener, manual can opener, electric jar opener, automatic jar opener, electric can crusher and more. Below is the list of 10 best jar openers:
We focus this review on beverage and drinks outlet owners, households, and any establishment that offers drinks to its inhabitants. If we were to list our target audience, we’d enumerate until an hour or so. Quenching thirst mustn’t be with water only. Sometimes, a bottle of coke or beer will do what water does, or even more. You will appreciate our listing on these petite yet handy equipment that saves you from the shame of having to pop caps using your teeth or the table end.
How we picked this
It wasn’t much of a task since our expert team held interview sessions with joint, bars, and other outlets that sell drinks. This was to determine their preferences when it comes to jar openers. Households and offices were part of the interviewees. We had a list of about 80 products from different manufacturers. Thanks to Amazon and Google that were extra sourcing points for information.
How we tested
We purchased a few pieces of each of the 80 jar openings that we had identified and put them to test to determine efficiency and functionality. Among the testing criteria were ease of use, portability, rust and corrosion resistance, versatility, and durability through a drop-down test.
1. Hamilton Beach OpenEase
There are times that a jar’s lid is very stuck that no amount of willpower or muscle can loosen it. The lid just refuses to budge. With Hamilton Beach’s OpenEase automatic jar opener, you can deal with this frustrating problem with ease. In a press of a single button, you can power its twisting power. It will tighten around the jar’s lid and loosen it. It’s very simple. It is also compact that it fits in a kitchen drawer.
- It requires no effort with just a push of button opening.
- It opens different jar sizes.
- It is durable and will last long.
- It conserves space as it can be stored in the nearest cabinet or drawer.
- Perfect to use for people with arthritis.
- Its sound is very loud.
- It slips off with the spaghetti sauce jar because of its tapered glass.
2. EZ Off Jar Opener
This product is perfect for your office, RV, kitchen or any second home. This jar opener is very easy to use for kitchen jars, child-proofed medicine bottles and even nail polish. It is basically used in hospitals’ operating rooms, dental labs, commercial kitchens, and others.
- It is very easy to install and utilize.
- Easy installation with a peel-and-stick adhesive.
- It can open nail polish lids.
- It is the perfect help for people with carpal tunnel, fibromyalgia, and arthritis.
- Some say that installation guide is not recommended to follow. Install the product with the V pointing toward you and place it the closest possible to the front of your cabinet.
3. Progressive Multi-Jar Opener
It’s a product that opens six different lids and seals. It has a blade that is hidden that can zip open bags and safety seals. It can also open beverages with pull tabs, bottle caps, and screw caps. It is also good for opening jar lids. Its distinct grip provides you the leverage, as well as comfort, without hassle in its manual operation.
- Durable with a comfortable grip.
- It opens various types of seals and lids like pull tabs, bottle tops, bottle caps, bags, safety seals and jar lids.
- It is safe to use in the dishwasher.
- It’s hidden blade can zip open bags.
- Its exterior handle is prone to slipping.
- It doesn’t function well with large lids, as the grip on jars is not enough.
4. OXO Good Grips Jar Opener
This product is special with its base bad that effectively reduces the force you need to open the jar. The base pad is the one responsible for keeping a container basically glued to your countertop. You can just put the non-slip base pad beneath the jar, then slide the jar opener over the lid and twist counter-clockwise for the lid to loosen.
- It has a unique base pad that keeps the jar in place. This helps you minimize the force you need to open the lid.
- It has stainless steel and sharp teeth that grip the jar.
- Non-slip and contoured grip for a better leverage.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- It has ridges only on one side.
- The gripper is not strong enough.
5. Black & Decker Jar Opener
This product can loosen even the most stuck or stubborn lid like vacuum-sealed lids. It is quick, convenient and simple. It opens the lid in a matter of seconds with merely a touch of a button. You can just lift its handle and put the jar on the turntable, press and then hold the on/off button until the lid is loosened. You can then remove the lid and the jar.
- It adjusts well to fit any size and shape, which includes jars that have plastic lids, baby food jars, thin jars and huge jars.
- It is collapsible for you to store it easily.
- It is very pricey.
6. Gilhoolie Jar Opener
This product is made of strong chrome-plated steel. It easily opens all types of lids and caps, including pry-offs and screw-ons. This also lets you reseal crowns of bottles by just crimping the caps with its adjustable jaws.
- It easily opens all types of bottles and jars.
- It is durable as it’s made of sturdy chrome-plated steel.
- It can reseal bottle crowns through crimping the caps.
- It presents a problem with some items that have flip top lids. You need to unscrew first to remove the inner seal.
7. Evriholder Easi-Twist Jar Opener
This jar opener is a good choice for everyday use and usual cooking needs. It works well with most plastic and glass bottles. It is an ergonomic product suitable for arthritis sufferers or seniors. being specifically designed with their needs in mind. It comes in more color choices.
- It fits any size cap or lid.
- Great help for arthritis sufferers and kids.
- It can open nail polish bottles.
- None reported.
8. One Touch Jar Opener
It is a completely safe and automatic jar opener with only a touch of a button. It grips firmly and clamps onto the lid and opens almost any size of jar lids. It has a high-torque and powerful motor that exerts up to 25 lbs of force to loosen the lid.
- It opens jar lids with 1 inch up to 4 inches in diameter.
- It’s battery operated.
- Adjustable to any jar size.
- It can be stored conveniently in a kitchen drawer.
- It will not work when the battery cover is taken from the unit.
- It does not open lids of salsa or dip jars.
9. Metro Fulfillment House
This One Touch jar opener is improved and automatic battery-operated, with patented robotic technology. It is easy to install and replace batteries.
- Perfect for people with impaired hand strength or arthritis.
- It is powerful for use for factory-sealed jars.
- It eats the batteries fast.
10. Kuhn Rikon The Gripper Jar Opener
It is a novel product that opens jars with innovative Swiss engineering. It tightens around the cap even though the jar is being loosened, which never slips. It stays locked on jar lids and does not let go.
- It has strong plastic constructions.
- It can open grooved or smooth-sided lids or caps with 1 inch to 3.5 inches in diameter.
- It has a hole in its handle that is for hanging.
- It’s dishwasher safe.
- You have to hold the jar with the other hand while you turn the disk for it to work.
Best Jar Opener Buying Guide
Gone are the days when you had to pry open stubborn lids using makeshift tools. Now you can give your hands a break with the simple purchase of a jar opener. This is among the most convenient and cost-effective tools for the job. In this article, we focus on the benefits and what to look for when looking for a jar opener.
Benefits of Jar Opener
What exactly is it that gives jar openers an upper hand compared to other conventional lid opening techniques? To give a clear answer to that, we look at the benefits you get from using a jar opener.
• Portable and Handy: This tool won’t weigh you down. Jar openers often come in a compact and lightweight construction. That means you can take with you and use anywhere you want. What’s more, you get to save on kitchen storage space.
• Opens Clean and Easy: A jar opener makes easy and quick work of stubborn lids. The process is virtually effortless with little or no mess to deal with.
• Safer: This lid opening tool ensures less risk of injuries. That makes it safer for use, even by small kids.
Types of jar opener
• Manual Jar Openers: Between the two major types of jar openers, manual versions are less expensive. They’ve got a butterfly-wing design that twists to pry open lids. Some models have been ergonomically improved to maximize comfort and ease of use. They range from the small size vintage military and key chain openers to the medium size handheld and wall-mounted openers. The small-sized openers come in handy for travel, camping, and emergency applications. Medium size openers, on the other hand, find great application in homes and light commercial use. Depending on the design you choose, manual openers can pose some problems in case you suffer from arthritis and muscular weakness.
• Electric Jar Openers: Enhanced safety and ease of use is what you get from electric openers. They take away all the effort needed to pry open a lid. However, electric openers tend to be a little bulkier and pricier compared to manual versions. Some models come with add-ons. For instance, you can get those that are designed to double as knife sharpeners. Just like their jar opener-cousins, electric openers come in different styles and design. These range from the counter top (small to mid-sized), handheld (small). under-the-cabinet (mid-sized), side-cutting (small to mid-sized) to the large industrial/commercial openers. All these are designed for home use except industrial openers that find great application in heavy commercial settings.
Factors to Consider While Purchasing
• Counter Space: Does the opener you’re planning to purchase fit the available space on your kitchen counter? If yes, then well and good. However, if your counter is space tight, you might want to consider small openers or settle for an under-cabinet opener.
• Grip Strength: How’s your grip strength? In case you’re suffering from a condition that compromises your hand’s strength, for instance, arthritis, an electric opener or manual opener with a longer handle will do you good.
• Portability: Planning to use your jar opener while on the move? Well, you need something portable and a little bit discrete. In such a situation, compact and lightweight manual openers prove to be a more practical choice for the job.
• Ease-of-cleaning: Most often, you’ll find that the opener comes in contact with food. That said, you need a jar opener that cleans easily. Choose one that’s dishwasher safe or those with the removable blade assembly. Side-cut openers are a perfect option in case you’re not looking forward to doing any cleaning.
• Budget: How much are you willing to pay for a jar opener? Expect to pay at least $25 for a good electric opener. Manual openers, especially the traditional top-cut models can be found for as little as $10. However, expect to pay a little more for the side-cut versions.
Q: What the Best Jar opener has?
A: Follow below steps
• Reasonable Size: Choose an electric opener that’s of sufficient height to accommodate cans of all sizes. On the other hand, your manual opener should be compact enough to fit on your kitchen counter or drawer. In case you’re short of drawer or counter space, then settle for a wall-mounted opener.
• Easy-to-clean Design: Most side-cut openers tend to stay naturally clean. If you need a top-cut opener to ensure it sports a removable blade assembly for hassle-free cleanup.
• Comfortable and Durable Handles: When choosing a manual opener, consider one that’s built to last. Stainless steel is a perfect choice for handle material since it’s durable and resistant to rust. The handle should have an ergonomic, non-slip hold for optimized comfort.
• Sturdy Build: Look for an opener that doesn’t tip over to allow for a smooth and fluid opening process.
• Lid Magnet/Pincers: When using top-cut openers, there’s a chance of the lid falling into your food. In such a situation, you need one that comes with a lid magnet or pincers that safely lifts off the lid.
Question: Do you have any kids or elderly individuals in your house?
Answer: In case you do then consider an opener with extra-safety features, such as side-cut openers.
Question: How much are you willing to pay?
Answer: Get an opener that’s within your budget range; one that doesn’t compromise quality for the price.
Question: Are you ready to do some cleaning? If so, then consider a jar opener with removable blade assembly for easy cleanup. One that’s dishwasher safe will be a better option. In case you’re not comfortable with the whole cleaning thing then consider side-cut openers that stay clean naturally.
Question: Planning to open cans of different sizes?
Answer: If so, then you need a manual opener as it can accommodate cans that come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Alternatively, you can settle for an electric opener that sits tall enough to handle large cans.
Features to Consider
• Size: Choose an opener that fits your space in case you’re planning to use at home. On the other hand, an opener for travel or camping needs to be compact and lightweight enough for easy storage and transportation.
• Handles: These need to be durable and comfortable to use. Consider stainless steel handles fitted with non-slip, rubber grips.
• Sturdiness: Consider an opener that has sufficient sturdiness or traction. This will help keep it from moving when in use.
We’ll; we hope you now have what it takes to select the best jar opener for your home, camping, or commercial needs. So why wait? Visit Amazon online store and place your order for what might be the best jar opener you ever bought.
You can certainly see your expertise in the article you write. The arena hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. All the time go after your heart.
I appreciate the information, recommendations, access to actual product offerings and the summation information to help make a choice. Thank you very much for your help. Wish this service could be extended to incorporate other items in the marketplace.
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.