Last Updated on April 17, 2023 by admin
It becomes very difficult to control our appetite whenever it comes to fried meat and noodles. Fried meals have already been proven to be unhealthy in different ways. Originally, the food was cooked in deep fryers. For this goal, we can use Air fryers as a replacement to deep fryers.
Today it has is possible due to new technology. It is a very handy device which circulates air to heat up the meal to be cooked. Because of their health benefit features, Air fryers are growing popularity. We will show top 10 air fryers in this article. Food is cooked by circulating the heated air (about 400AF). As compared to classical methods of cooking, they use only a small amount of oil. It is 80 percent lesser. One more major advantage is that you can open them up during the cooking process and add ingredients as well.
Who ought to acquire air fryers?
The target audiences to this air fryers are women who work hard to ensure their families are eating healthy foods at all time. The deep-frying techniques got proven time and again that it is not suitable for some meals for the process overcooks the food to the extent that all rich nutrients dissolve and therefore the food does not have any health benefit. With air fryer, everything turns out different, and you find that only circulating air that is heated is used for cooking your meals and therefore retaining all the nutrients in the food.
How we selected the best Air fryer
It was not hard to choose the best air fryer for we were able to gather ideas from different people who have used the air fryers for commercial and home purposes. With the ideas in mind, our procurement team went to various kitchen wares enquiring all about the air fryers. The customer support was excellent, and therefore they explained every bit about the air fryers. Our expert team was able to make the best list, and we also invested in them for testing
How we tested
Testing was easy for many air fryers worked as per how the specifications were on the tag. The list was completed with few days of trial and ensuring the products worked well. The air fryers we have on the list are to be trusted and are the best in the market.
10. GoWISE USA GW22621 4th Generation Electric Air Fryer
New GoWISE USA GW22621 Electric Air Fryer gives you the opportunity to enjoy your favorite fried dishes without the excess fat or oil. The touch screen is very convenient, and you can select from 1 of 7 clever built-in programs: Chips, Meat, Chicken, Steak, Seafood, and Fish. You can regulate temperature from 175AF to 400AF. This allows you to cook a variety of meals from crispy fried to juicy meat with little or no oil.
– This air fryer lets you enjoy your favorite dishes without the excess fat and oil
– You have 7 clever built-in programs
– The container doesn’t slide in without some practice
9. Philips Airfryer HD9230/26
Air is the new oil, and today with the Philips Airfryer, you can make more healthy food with fewer calories. With the Philips Airfryer, you may fry your favorite meals with a tablespoon of oil or even less. Food is crispy on the outside and tender. Also, this air fryer perfectly prepares various frozen foods.
– Great choice for cooking frozen foods
– Well constructed and simple to clean
– Perfect for up to 3 people
– Provides oil-less frying
– Hard to clean the heating part
8. Chefman RJ38 Express Air Fryer
Chefman RJ38 Express Air Fryeris is very simple to use and clean as well. This device has hot moving air flows that circulate the food. Thanks o this the meal cooks evenly. Also, it cooks healthily without smut, non-radiative, oil and low-calorie foods. The foods dry quickly from the outside with sealing juices in them. It cooks vegetables while retaining and fry meat to crisp and elegant perfection.
– It has big capacity
– The fan and heating part automatically turn off
– Great for roasting nuts and seeds
– The container is hard to replace or disassemble
7. VonShef Low Fat Oil Free 10.5-QTAir Fryer
This VonShel air fryer is selected as it can bake, roast, grill, and fry of all types of meat and vegetables quick and healthy, while keeping their great taste. This device cooks with as little as one spoon of oil, making it an ideal low-calorie cooking way. This has a seven built-in programs to perform grant a full range of cooking techniques quickly.
– Less wasteful than average air fryer
– Great design
– Has big capacity
– Simple to clean
– Slightly complex to use
– Tough to assemble
6. BLACK+DECKER HF100WD Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer
This Black plus Decker’s air fryer has double convection fans. It’s an original cooking device that combines heat with a powerful double fan convection construction to circulate heated air for fast and crispy preparation. This culinary device has a 60-minute timer that lets precision was cooking on a vast range of foods. This device automatically shuts off when the timer ends.
– It cooks meals with little or no oil
– Meals go out juicy and crunchy
– It works fast
– Ideal for kitchen with small space
– You can cook only small portions of food
– The display for setting the temperature mode has too small numbers
5. Big Boss 9063 1300-watt Oil-Less Fryer, 16-Quart, Red
Big Boss’ air fryer has a threefold cooking power. It consists of haloid, convection, and infrared heat. This device quickly cooks frozen ingredients; no extra time for melting is needed. It has two containers for cooking multiple meals at the same time. Also it uses less electricity as it works up to 3 times faster than average air fryer.
– Cook with no oil
– Perfect for cooking chicken and steaks
– Perfect for two or three persons
– Cooks only small amounts of food
– The racks and containers are slightly sticky
4. GoWISE USA GW22621 4th Generation Electric Air Fryer
4th generation new air fryer lets you taste your favorite dishes and foods without the additional fat from dunking food in oil. This device has a touch screen feature to select 1 of the seven built-in clever programs for vegetables, meat, steak, chicken, fish, and seafood or manually set a time yourself. Also, it is tooled with a button guard to preclude accidental separation of the container.
– Perfect for cooking chicken and meat
– Great for two or three persons
– Cook without oil
– Simple and fast to clean
– Cooks all meals quickly
– It makes some excess heat and smell
– The container does not slide in without some practice
3. Emeril Home Chef Airfryer
This Emeril air fryer applies hot air to fry, roast, bake and grill meals without any spills, splattering or oil smell while frying. It promotes a healthier lifestyle by decreasing or eliminating the addition of excess cooking oil. Its 3.2-quart volume is large enough for family-size cooking.
– Fast to clean
– Great for two or three persons
– Provides oil-less frying
2. Ivation 1800W 5.5QT Electric Air Fryer
Ivation air fryer has an innovative technology that grants healthier cooking with the tablespoon of oil or even less. At the exact time, it has intuitive buttons that make it simple to set the heat up to 390 degrees for the variety of meals. Plus its modern air circulation scheme evenly spreads heat with an auto turn off when ready.
– Stylish design
– Fast work
– Simple to use
– Quiet and effective
– Makes an unappealing smell when cooling
1. Avalon Bay AB-Airfryer 1 OOB Airfryer in Black
This new Air Fryer from Avalon Bay has a fast air circulation technology that transfers hot air with rapidity and precision to let you enjoy your favorite dishes without the addition of any frying oil. This is the most secure and healthy choice in cooking making it the top 1 on the majority of product reviews. This device also has non-slip props and a 30-minute timer which can automatically switch to waiting mode when cooking cycle is finished.
– Simple to use
– Completely oil-less cooking
– Works quickly
– Perfect for two of three persons
BEST AIRFRYER BUYING GUIDE
Looking for the best airfryer? Well, I have lots of information for you. Airfryers have increasingly become many in the market and choosing the best that will meet all your requirements can become tricky and confusing as well. Let me share some information that will help you reach that decision fast.
THE BENEFITS OF AN AIRFRYER
Airfryers have numerous benefits. Ranging from non- fat cooking to delicious meals. Here they are:
- Low-fat meals- The air fryer uses hot air that is circulated from all angles and does not need oil for cooking. This is important as it produces healthier foods that do not have that strong aroma of oil and reduced risks of the dangers that oily foods present to our bodies.
- It is easy to clean up. Most airfryers can be easily dismantled and have each part cleaned up.
- It can perform multiple functions of cooking. Unlike most kitchen appliances which perform only one function, the airfryer can be used cook in various forms. These include frying, baking, roasting, and toasting.
- Healthier meals can be prepared. Looking to lose weight and avoiding those fatty foods? Well, the airfryer is the perfect solution for you. No only will the challenge of having to eat fatty foods disappear; it will have most of the nutrients preserved since most of them are lost during the process of oil frying.
- It is fast and quick to prepare the meals. This is for the person who always busy and on-the-go. Guess what? The airfryer can prepare French Fries within 12 minutes. This is normally the time one would spend in a queue while waiting to be attended to at a restaurant.
- Even an inexperienced cook can use it. No professional know how or experience is needed. Some airfryers even come with a booklet of recipes that have been tested to provide delicious and tasty meals that a new cook can use.
TYPES OF BEST AIRFRYER
Airfryers come in numerous forms and ways. The good thing about it is that most of them can be shopped successfully on Amazon.com. In the order of the top 10, the best airfryers are:
- -Phillips XL
- -NutriChief Digital
- -GoWise USA 22621
- -Gourmia GCR1700
- -T- fal Actifry
- -Avalon Bay 100R
- -DeLonghi FH1163 MultiFri
- -Gourmia GMF2600
- -Black and Decker HF100WD
- -Big Boss 9064
FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHEN PURCHASING AN AIR FRYER
Do you want to get the most out of that air fryer right? Well, here are some of the factors you should consider before you purchase one:
- Size– A good airfryer should not only be large enough but also have a huge food holding capacity inside where the food ingredients will be kept. Also, purchase one which will be able to fit in the space in the kitchen’s counter top.
- Wattage– the normal power consumption for airfryers ranges between 800-1400 watts. You want to make sure your kitchen can support that range of wattage and that you are comfortable with it.
- Capacity– similar to size, the airfryers capacity is important. Typically most airfyers can cook between 1.8 to 2.5 pounds of food which are the normal range of most human food per meals.
- The model settings– Most airfryers come with a different setting, and it is up to the consumer to choose the specific ones. Some can reach 360 degrees temperature within a short period while others have times and stoppers to aid in the cooking. Check out if the temperature is adjustable as well.
- Ability to multi cook– Some airfryers come with separate levels where multiple types of food can be cooked separately at the same time. Fish and chips or vegetables like broccoli and eggs fried at the same time. Other do not have this feature and can only cook one meal at a time.
- Cost– most airfryers cost well over $200. This is important since one has to determine if he/she is a lover of a fried’ food or not. It is worth the cost if the appliance will be used and the lovers of the food cooked will be present.
- Warranty and back up– the typical airfryer normally has a one year warranty. Check out if the appliance has a backup warranty incase a replacement of a faulty item is needed.
- Brand– the brand should be well known in the market and has a good reputation of quality items.
Q: WHAT THE BEST AIRFRYER HAS?
A: Let’s narrow down to specific details of the best airfryers. So what makes a good airfryer that you will end up choosing?
- It does not need pre-heating. The best airfryers do not need preheating. Upon setting the temperature and closing the lid, the food should be cooked within the time frame set and be ready without having to wait for the airfryer to preheat.
- The cooking food capacity is large. Check out the capacity. Can it hold two chicken drumsticks or five? How about French fries, small sized ones or large sized ones? A good air fryer has a huge capacity possibly divided into two racks that are also easy to clean after cooking.
- Reasonable price- most airfryers range between $200 to $500. You might have to think twice before you purchase any fryer priced higher than that.
- Reasonable wattage- The Phillips airfyer has a wattage of 2100 degree and can reach temperatures of 397 degrees. Check out the wattage vs. the maximum temperature indicated.
- Safety features- Some airfryers have been modified to include safety features like overheating protection, cool touch handle and an automatic shut off. The best airfryer should have these in place.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Despite all these positive features and benefits, there are some important cons that I feel it is important for you to know. These are important in helping you know what to expect:
- Due to the nature of cooking, airfryers take a long time to cook the foods placed in them than the traditional means of cooking. For instance, cooking in an airfryer can be longer than cooking in a traditional deep fryer.
- Also due to the constant flow of hot air, this may tend to strip the foods of their moisture especially on their surface. The foods will then appear to be crispy and low in the flavor. While some appreciate this aftermath of cooking, others may not like the taste of the food.
FEATURES TO CONSIDER
- So let me summarize the features to consider before buying that airfryer that you need:
- The cooking capacity is large and easy to clean. Possibly divided into racks
- The wattage is favorable to your kitchen and the temperature controls can reach high levels of over 360 degrees.
- It has safety features like overheating protection and safe handles.
- Does the product have a warranty? How about customer service support in case one of the parts fails?
- Is it simple to use while at the same time giving you quality foods which have the taste and aroma maintained?
- Check out for an extra feature like booklets on recipes and guides. Some airfryers come with a list of foods that can be prepared to the customer’s satisfaction.
The best airfryers are easy to operate and have huge capacities. Surprisingly most of them can be shopped at Amazon.com. Philips XL airfryer has been branded as the best brand for airfryer alongside with Nutrichief and GoWise USA.
Sharon Franke: How Air Fryer Works
Courtney: Courtney Sperlazza, MPH