Content at a Glance
This is undoubtedly the best basketball shoe for both indoor and outdoor basketball games. It is by far the best pairs regarding design, comfort, stability, and durability in the market right now. The Nike Air Jordan also top the list of the most preferred and outsold basketball shoes ever. The pair is made from premium leather for durability. They are the most durable outdoor shoes available. It offers the ultimate comfort for rigorous outdoor activities due to its traction. It is also a favorite pair for many pro basketball athletes like LeBron James and Kevin Durant. The pairs come with the best air-sole unit that offers you lightweight cushioning. This makes the shoe both comfortable and light-weight. It fits perfectly on all types and sizes of feet.
- The rich blend of genuine leather and textile provides Air Jordan 1 Mid not only a longer lifespan but also a comfortable footwear. Authentic leather shoes are known for their durability and breathability, which are arguably the most significant benefit of leather. The outer leather is also easy to clean and is eco-friendly.
- The Air-Sole unit reduces the force of impact through air compression. This is a unique technology that allows tough, flexible bags to contain pressurized air for maximum comfort. For a sneaker lover who values comfort, the Air-Sole guarantee of better cushioning abilities, versatility for different performance characteristics, durability, and lightweight.
- Perforations at the forefoot. In addition to the breathability that genuine leather provides, Nike Men’s Air Jordan 1 Mid has apertures at the forefoot. These holes enhance breathability of the shoe for the foot even in sweltering weather conditions. This means that you will have less likelihood of increased sweating during hotter weather or strenuous physical exercises.
- Solid rubber outsole. Solid rubber is made of different synthetic and natural rubber for a sturdy yet comfortable outsole. The benefit of solid rubber is that it does not mark up surfaces like other ordinary rubber soles. Sneaker lovers spend most of their time indoors either when watching basketball games, at home, or shopping. The solid rubber outsole thus provides durability and traction, which is a significant advantage.
- The most durable shoe made from premium leather
- Perfect ventilation and aeration for your feet
- Doubles up as both an outdoor and indoor terrain
- Rubber outsole with perfect traction for all terrain
- It is by far the best looking pair of Jordan in the market
- It is worn by many pro athletes and celebs
- It’s the best-selling Nike shoe available.
A random analysis of both online and offline reviews of Nike Men’s Air Jordan 1 Mid Basketball Shoe reveals that the brand has continued to enjoy admiration among basketball lovers. The sneakers have continued to uphold the legacy that traces back to the 1980s. Does this product, however, provide value for your money, as a potential buyer? A review of the features, pros, and cons will help answer this question.
- Genuine leather. Jordan 1 Mid has a durable real leather upper, blended with inner textile and synthetic leather for best comfort.
- Perforations at the forefoot.
Air-Sole Unit. Provides support and comfort.
- Solid rubber outsole.
The pros and cons discussed in this review suggest that Nike Men’s Air Jordan 1 Mid have more benefits than shortfalls. For basketball lovers and general lovers of Jordans, this product promises a seamless blend of leather and textile for maximum comfort. Its breathability and air-sole increases comfort, for more extended wearing. Even though the while upper outsole may be prone to dirt, the sneakers are preferably worn indoor environments, and thus not a significant factor to consider. The advantages suggest that spending on these Jordan sneakers will be a worthwhile decision, and the buyer will not be disappointed with the results.
This is by far the most comfortable, stable and durable outdoor basketball shoe available in the market. The Crazylight comes with a full-length boost cushion, SPRINTPLATE technology for torsional support & stability. For the rigorous action of extra hard terrain, this is the best pair to go for. It offers ultra-high protection against injury and guarantees stability at the same time; it is made from high-quality Continental Rubber with a perfect traction for rough terrain. The shoe is so light it can even be used for indoor basketball too.
- One of the most durable outdoor basketball shoes available.
- Offer top class stability and comfort
- Doubles-up as an indoor basketball shoe
- SPRINTPLATE technology for torsional support & stability.
- Made from high-quality Continental Rubber
- Lightweight and comfortable for all leg sizes
- It does not have a cool design. The design is purely sporty.
The Adidas Crazylight Boost 2020 is not only good looking but also light and sturdy. It is also very comfortable and has a great boost in the heel and also a very good lockdown of the ankle. It might look loose when looking at it in a picture or before wearing it but once it’s on and the symmetrical lacing tightened it holds very well. About the fitting, you might have to go half a size down for a perfect fitting, because the shoe feels way bigger when you order your size. It will fit well even with socks on. For the price, the shoe is a great deal to go with. The low cut provides a free range of motion.
Breathable Primeknit upper
Primeknit is thinner, lighter and flexes naturally while conforming to your foot right out of the box. In fact, it almost feels like a sock. This makes the shoe breathable and also gives it an ultra-light feel thus making it very comfortable to wear even for long hours.
Lockdown & fit
The shoe has a pretty good overall lockdown and fit. The shoelace loops are great thus providing a solid lockdown and a tight fit so you might want to be careful not to cinch them up too hard. Again, the upper part of the shoe, around the midfoot and toebox, has a widely spaced knit while the area along the vamp features a tighter knit. This ensures that your foot undergoes no stress while in the shoe. Again, this shoe features TPU heel counter for lock-down support.
This shoe has a much better containment compared to most woven/knitted shoes. When wearing it, the shoe feels fully secure, and you won’t feel like your feet are sliding over the edges of the footbed. No dead space in the toe box even when laced tightly as is the case with most other shoes.
With this shoe, the heel-toe transition is smooth, and they are also broken in right out of the box.
Adidas did a great job cushioning this shoe. You won’t need to swap insoles, and even after a long day of wearing them, your feet will come out smiling.
Fantastic Heel Boost
First, the shoe’s heel boost greatly aids in a smooth transition. It is very responsive and well-cushioned. The shoe is very stable, and it plays low to the ground thus feeling very comfortable especially because of the great cushioning.
This shoe’s traction is very good, partly because it features a nice blade pattern. In fact, it is okay to say that it has an excellent traction and this adds to its stability.
Despite the shoe featuring a thin Primeknit, it remains durable as this part holds up very well and this is because Primeknit features a thin Fuse-ish coating on its threads for more durability without necessarily making the knit stiffer than needed. Again, the shoe’s outsole, Rubber outsole, will hold up well but if you were practicing in a somewhat not so clean court, it would be ideal to get a different pair for practice and keep one for games.
In a nutshell
This Adidas Crazylight Boost 2020 is worth investing in. It is very light and super comfortable, and it looks good too. It is a decent shoe for the price. The only complaint would be about the fitting where you have to go a half size down. You will love the boost in the heel, the lockdown, and containment plus the overall comfort.
3. Under Armour
This is the best shoe if you are looking for the lightest and most comfortable basketball shoes. The Under Armour pair is not only light, but it is also one of the most durable shoes on the market. The EVA sock liner makes it comfortable to wear and is backed by a full-length EVA midsole for more comfort. This one of the top-rated mid-sole basketball shoes available at the moment.
- Perforated upper for improved durability
- It is one of the lightest quality pairs available
- Comes with EVA technology for comfort and stability
- Easy to clean
- Made from high-quality leather and synthetic
- Not for people with wide feet
Anyone who plays basketball socially or professionally understands the importance of wearing shoes which are specifically designed for the sport. In this regard, basketball shoes are well-known for being a key source of a player’s confidence while on the court as they provide the comfort and support he/she needs to run, jump, and move swiftly during a game. Considering this fact, it is vital that anyone who plays basketball select and purchase a great pair of basketball shoes to improve their performance. To make the process of locating a great pair of basketball shoes easier, this review will discuss as well as critique the various feature advantages of the Under Armour Men’s UA Lockdown Basketball Shoes.
Under Armour Men’s UA Lockdown Basketball Shoes Review
-Shoe Construction Material (Support. Traction. and Comfort)
- It is well renowned that support and cushioning is one of the most important aspects one should consider when selecting a pair of b-ball shoes. This is particularly true for players who are prone to an ankle injury. With this fact in mind, the Under Armour Men’s UA Lockdown Basketball Shoes’ construction includes EVA detailing in all of the important places. In this regard, the shoes’ sock liner features a full-length EVA molded midsole and sock liner.
- As one of the best shoe construction materials, EVA has water-resistant properties, great tensile strength, outstanding shock absorption, corrosion resistant, and provides excellent insulation without adding any unnecessary weight to the shoe. The fact that the Lockdown basketball shoe model’s midsole and sock liner are made from EVA material means that a player can enjoy all the mentioned benefits that this specific shoe construction material provides about support, durability, and cushioning.
- In addition to having EVA material in the shoes’ sock liner and midsole, the shoes’ construction also features a combination of authentic leather and overlays of lightweight synthetic leather. They are also fitted with additional collar foam. All of these construction features function well to provide a player with increased ankle, medial, and lateral support as he/she executes various moves while actively playing on the basketball court.
- Lastly, the UA Lockdown B-ball shoes’ one-piece outsole has a deep herringbone traction pattern and is constructed from high-quality rubber. Essentially, these features evince that the UA Lockdown B-ball shoes will provide a player with the traction they need to make linear or lateral moves around the court. This is because the shoes’ rubber sole and deep pattern design provide great grip support and reduce a player’s risk of suffering from injuries due to slipping while at play.
Regarding design, the Under Armour Men’s UA Lockdown Basketball Shoes have an excellent aesthetic appeal and are available in steel, black, and white colors. Since a player’s image plays a large part in creating his/her profile, improves game attitude, and increases a player’s overall confidence, wearing this pair of stunning colored shoes is bound to greatly improve a player’s on-court performance.
Overall, the Under Armour Men’s UA Lockdown Basketball Shoes provide a bouncy, responsive cushioning due to their solid and durable construction materials and magnificent design. As a result, basketball players can minimize the risk of suffering from injuries during practice or actual play.
The Adidas D Rose is the perfect shoe for comfort and stability. If you are a vigorous player, this is the shoe for you. It is one of the most comfortable mid top outdoor shoes in the market. The pair is made from both leather, synthetic top, and a high-quality rubber out sole. The pair comes with StableFrame technology for midfoot support offering a comfortable guard to your feet. The traction is even and tough to withstand rugged terrain. This is the best pair of athletic and heavy players.
- Offers top class protection against injuries
- It is one of the best-looking pairs
- Comes with StableFrame technology for comfort and protection
- Made from high-quality leather and synthetic hence durable
- Perfect traction to enhance stability on hard floors
- Comfortable to wear and clean
- The shoes are best for bigger and heavier players
The Adidas D Rose basketball men’s shoe line is synonymous with the high performance and extremely high energy playing style associated with the player they are named after, Derrick Rose. Here is a detailed review of the D Rose 6th edition shoe.
Two material options are offered depending on the colors, mesh and synthetic leather being the primary options. Alongside these options is the premium lux edition that is synthetic suede. The mesh version is soft and stiff and with a very little break in time, and it offers support to the leg at all times due to the limited stretch. The synthetic option requires more break-in time but is more durable.
The cushion system used is a full-length boost cushion that is rather soft. To enable excellent boost experience, the Stableframe is properly positioned in the middle of the mid-sole. With this setup, the forefoot section is open to properly absorb impact forces and transfer the energy back to the foot in a responsive manner. The rear is a soft and mushy cushion which is not as responsive but very comfortable when casually walking around.
When it comes to traction, most products from Adidas are at the top, and the D Rose 6 is a perfect proof of this claim. The sole is soft with a closely packed shallow pattern. Though durability questions may arise at this point, there is a good reason for this design. One reason is the fact that the basketball court is usually not very rough. To offer good traction, the outer shoe sole needs to be of similar roughness as the surface with which it gets into contact so that particles from both surfaces can interlock perfectly through the magic of physics. Tiny patterns and a rubbery outer sole on the D Rose 6 are perfect in this case. It is, however, obviously not advisable to use these on rough outdoor courts.
Fit and Support
The fit differs with the material and is perfect for the synthetic leather option. There is, however, a little dead space above the foot around the toe area in the mesh version. Lockdown is not great at first, but it gets better with time. The mid-foot section lockdown is perfect from the word go. The problematic areas are the forefoot and heel section which needs a bit of time to adjust. A cut out in the lateral section is made available for Adidas’ SpeedWrap system.
When it comes to support, there are quite some features working together to offer nothing but the best. The flat platform offers the stability much needed in a boost cushion system. The Adidas’ Stableframe and X-Bar systems also offer torsional support and enhance stability to the Boost form.
The ventilation differs depending on the material and is best in the mesh version. The many tiny holes in the mesh version are obviously a contributing factor. The synthetic leather option is however almost air tight and tends to accumulate a lot of heat.
Overall, D Rose 6 shoe is one of the best pairs in the market. It is comfortable enough and delivers when it comes to performance. It is well made with durable materials and would have a long life if properly used.
If you are looking for the best shoe regarding preventing ankle injury and relaxing comfort, then look no further. The Reebok royal is unbeaten as the safest shoe currently. The pair also comes as one of the most durable pairs available. The outdoor basketball shoes are crafted with high-quality leather and synthetic. It is both comfortable and also fitted with Ortholite foam sock liner, which helps to keep off bacteria. It is the best pair for people with sweaty feet. The ortholite helps to keep your feet healthy with less odor.
- Removable, anti-microbial Ortholite foam sock liner to kill bacteria
- Very comfortable and safe. Prevents ankle injuries
- Made from high-quality rubber and synthetic hence durable
- Perfect traction to enhance stability on hard floors
- Eye-catching design
- Offers Increased Ventilation
- Well-Suited for All Types of Sports
- Durable Outsoles Which are Well-Suited
for Most Types of Sports
- Tough and Durable
- Very Functional
- Maybe heavy for some people
Reebok’s Men’s Royal BB4500 Hi Basketball Shoes are remakes of older Reebok classics. Not only do they have Reebok’s classic style and design, but they also have many older features, such as the mid-cut, breathable leather, an upper mesh and more.
Compared to Reebok’s newest high top basketball shoes, the BB4500 doesn’t have a lot of new features, but they are tough, functional and aesthetically attractive. Moreover, although they are best used on a basketball court, the BB4500 also works well for jogging around the neighborhood or for a quick session at the gym. So if you’re interested in these shoes then here’s what you need to know.
- The Royal BB4500 Hi Basketball Shoes were designed to have a retro feel and appearance. People who have used some of Reebok’s earlier products enjoy the feeling of soft leather and good arch support. The BB4500 was designed to recapture some of these qualities, albeit incompletely.
- The BB4500 has the same appearance, design, and functionality of the original Reebok high tops. The only problem is that unlike earlier Reebok shoes, the BB4500 is a little narrow. Although Reebok designed these shoes to fit snugly on a person’s feet, a lot of people complain that they are too tight. They can get a little more comfortable once they have been broken in, but even so, the BB4500 lacks the snug and comforting feel of their predecessors. So even though they are very functional, they aren’t as comfortable either.
- Finally, it’s worth mentioning that the BB4500 Hi Basketball Shoes are the kind of shoes that work well for all kinds of sports, because of their functional design. Although they may not be as flexible as other Reebok shoes, they are also more reliable, and for most active people, that’s what matters.
All in all, the BB4500 is a good remake of classic Reebok shoes, so if you’re a fan of those, then you’ll enjoy using these. There are a couple of caveats that you should be aware of. First of all, although the BB4500 has recaptured the look and features of classic Reebok high top outdoor basketball shoes, they have only done so half-way. For example, they don’t offer as much arch support as older Reebok shoes, so don’t expect a perfect copy of a beloved classic. Despite the similarities, the BB4500 is still a new product.
Secondly, the BB4500 can feel a little tight, which is why you will need to make a few a allowances with regards to size should you decide to buy one. The good news is that once they’re broken in, they feel snug and comfortable. And that’s basically what Reebok’s Men’s Royal BB4500 Hi Basketball Shoes can offer. So if you miss some of Reebok’s classic products, then these are the shoes for you.
This is by far the best-looking show on the list. The design is sleek and irresistible just as its first debut in 1972. The pair comes with an all leather exterior and a well-designed rubber outsole finishing. The sole is perfectly tracked for the perfect grip when playing. The exterior is well ventilated to ensure that your feet are well aerated. It also features a sturdy rubber toe cap which offers unmatched protection to your forefront. With its molded EVA midsole technology, this shoe will offer you incredibly form- fitting cushioning support. It is both durable and comfortable when worn. Being an extremely lightweight shoe, it allows you to easily optimize your performance- when moving or running.
- All leather exterior for durability
- Cool, sleek and irresistible design
- Molded EVA midsole technology for comfort
- Well ventilated
- Easy to clean
- High shoe design with a textured rubber shell toe
- It is a bit heavier than most shoes
There are many shoe manufacturers popping up every single day. There are now thousands of different types of shoe brands in the market. Unfortunately, this surge in numbers does not necessarily mean the quality has improved, in most cases the quality is worse. Wading through the many different brands of shoes in the market can be a challenging and time-consuming task. Some popular brands like Adidas have been in existence for a long time which is a testament to the quality of their products. Let’s us review the Adidas performance men’s pro model basketball shoe.
The Adidas performance men’s pro model basketball shoe was initially introduced in 1972, and there have been a couple of other releases inspired by the original. The design of this shoe has a look and feel of the 1980s streetwear fashion when it was very successful. A quick look at this shoe and you will see the popular designs associated with Adidas and familiarity with another popular Adidas shoe. The performance men’s pro model is a mid-cut version of one of the most popular Adidas shoes, the Superstar. Mid-cut version means that the arch of the shoe is shorter compared to the original. It is characterized by the popular rubber shell design at the front and leather at the back synonymous with the Superstar.
The build quality and material of this shoe are top notches. First, it weighs less than 3 pounds which makes it a great option for long walks or a game on the basketball court. The back of this shoe is made of full grain leather. Full grain leather is great for comfort, lasts for a long time and give the shoe more balance and sturdiness. The rubber shell design at the front ensures that your feet are protected when you are stepped on, or something falls on your feet. The sole of the shoe is also made of rubber. Rubber is great for the sole since it is light and provides a firm grip on the ground. It also has breathable pores on the side which is a style detail and improves air aeration. You also have a lot of variety here as these shoes come in combinations of more than 5 different colors. On the side of this shoe, you find the iconic 3 stripes of Adidas which match the color scheme of the shoe and at the back is the Adidas logo.
The Adidas performance men’s pro model basketball shoes are a great choice of shoe for anyone looking for long lasting sports shoes or everyday wear. Adidas has been in this industry for a long time and has built a reputation for having among the best quality shoes in the market. The high-quality materials used in the making of this shoe means that it can take a lot of torture and will last for a long time. The added versatility of these shoes makes it one of the best in its class. The Adidas performance men’s pro model basketball shoe would be a great addition to any sneaker collector or a beginner.
For those with sweaty feet, the Air Overplay is the pair to go for. It has been praised as one of the most comfortable and well-aerated pairs of outdoor basketball shoes in the market. With a synthetic and mesh finishing, the pair ensures that your feet are well ventilated. The shoes are made from high-quality textile combined with rubber. This makes them durable and usable over a long period. It also comes with phylon midsole, an exclusive technology that helps to maintain comfort along the cushion. TPU shank features help to maintain stability when playing. Overall, the shoes add up as one of the best looking shoes regarding design.
- Comes with a unique combination of synthetics and mesh
- Cool appealing design
- Perfect aeration and comfort
- Light-weight with TPU shank features for stability
- Phylon midsole technology for comfort
- Made with quality rubber and textile for durability
- The traction is not perfect
- Some people find it to be too narrow
Nike is known for making sports shoes. The Air Overplay IX Basketball shoe is one of their best products yet. It is light and comfortable since it is made with great cushioning. It is also designed with a Nike Air unit in the heel, and this helps to handle landings on the basketball court. The shoe is durable and ideal for flexible movements.
This shoe is designed to be highly comfortable and breathable, much like the Air Max line. Here is a breakdown of the materials used to make the Air Overplay IX:
- Synthetic leather for the upper part of the shoe
- Mesh overlays on the synthetic leather
- Rubber for the outsole
- Full Phylon for the midsole
The outsole is designed in a herringbone pattern. The heel contains Nike Air unit for greater comfort, especially when landing on hard surfaces. The Nike Air unit is the key feature of the Air Overplay IX shoes. The sole is designed with an excellent grip that allows you to move in multiple directions fast and comfortably.
The Phylon midsole provides support to the ankles and cushions the lower part of your foot. The materials used to make the shoe make it highly durable. The shoe is also very light and easy to move around in.
Like all other Nike shoes, this one has high aesthetic value. It comes in multiple colors, and this means you can easily get one that matches your style and preferences. The upper part of the shoe can be black, white or wolf grey with some red or vivid orange colorings. The sole can be white, black, blue or red. The shoe is designed to be breathable. This is an important factor in sports as it ensures maximum comfort and, therefore, less distraction as you play. It has maximum cushioning to further increase comfort and ensure smooth landings.
The shoes come in various sizes, and you should measure your feet properly before ordering a pair. If necessary, you can get a professional to measure your feet. It is important to note that one of your feet may be slightly larger than the other. Make sure you pick a pair that fits your larger foot. Refer to the size charts to get a size that fits you perfectly without causing unnecessary strain.
If you have wide feet, you will need a brief break-in period, but the shoes will eventually fit comfortably. The shoes have laces for closure, and this will ensure that it fits snugly.
The Nike Air Overplay IX is an excellent shoe for basketball and regular workouts. It is designed to offer high levels of comfort and is also very light. One of the most notable features of this product is the Nike Air unit in the midsole. This ensures that all your landings are smooth, even on very hard surfaces. The shoe is designed will excellent cushioning, comfort and breathability. It is important to make sure you get a shoe that fits you well.
The Reebok Zig pair is a unique pair that has been praised for being the best regarding traction and grip. It is a low outdoor basketball pair with a unique design that makes it stand out from the rest. This is by far one of the best pairs to wear on extremely hard terrain like concrete or asphalt, thanks to the ZigTech technology from reebok. The technology also enables the player to easily retain stability even when in fast motion. The shoe is also generally comfortable with a well-cushioned interior for a comfortable leap when playing. Because of its light-weight and design, the pair is also preferred by other athletes like sprinters.
- Cool eye-catching design
- Doubles up as a sprinting and running shoe
- Zigtech technology that helps to maintain stability
- Hard quality outsole and a perfect traction for hard grips
- Comfortable to wear and clean
- Very comfortable
- Great traction and support
- Versatile. Synthetic upper means they can even be used as dress shoes.
- They fit in well with most exercises too.
- Friendly price
- Available in multiple sizes
- Ventilation is wanting on the shoe. It has poor ventilation areas
When the Zig Energy first made its way out of Reebok’s production factory, it was being sent out to help basketball referees on the court. But due comfort, style, and versatility, the sports footwear that derives its name from the style of its sole have refused to remain stuck on the basketball court. It has become popular with people doing all sorts of exercises. It has gone as far as becoming a cool hangout shoe and has seen the inside of more than just a few workplaces.
This review takes apart the zig to find out whats lit about it and what’s not so lit.
The Zig comprises of a ZigTech zigzag rubber sole with prominent groves running the length of the foot and outer sole. It is designed to offer great traction, absorb impact and give a bounce every time the wearer takes a step. While a wearer will feel the bouncy reaction, the sole remains laterally stiff ensuring a good level of support. This despite the thick sole giving a full inch of elevation. The upper part is made of matte and glossy patent leather. The synthetic material is meant to be tough and able to withstand sharp, abrupt turns during intense activity. The lacing is made strong by the use of a double overlay of the synthetic upper allowing for a tight tie. The tongue is generously padded and has a meshy outer lacing for breathability. The collar also has a similar padding to increase comfort.
- The Zig energy delivers almost perfectly on its promises. It accords the wearer enough comfort to concentrate on the exercise at hand without distraction.
- The lightweight feature combines with the grooved sole to allow swift movements which feel like gliding on air. This happens while at the same time maintaining a great level of support from the stiff rubber.
- The shoe has a great traction that helps to remain firm during swift motion exercises. The synthetic upper
- An elevated height would be just about an extra bonus to give umpires a better view of the game. This the feature, however, takes away a little versatility as it disqualifies the zig for heavy lifting.
Available sizes and colors
Zigs are available in the US sizes 7-15 (the UK sizes 6-14/9.8-13 inches heel to toe lengths). The numbers increase by half a size from the smallest shoe to the largest. The goes from narrow, medium, wide to extra wide. The standard weight is 1 oz, but actual size is dependent on size. The zig is only available in color black.
Zig energies are available for between $89 and $160 on Amazon depending on size.
Who will love Zig Energies?
Pretty much anyone doing cardio exercises will find Zig Energies resourceful. They are also great for guys who don’t fancy a lot of gear changes between home, gym, and work.
Decent pricing makes Zigs affordable for many people without taking away their stylish aspect.
This is another pair that made it to the list of top ten shoes. According to customer reviews, the Adidas Cloud foam Illation Basketball Shoe is one of the most durable and comfortable pairs available. It comes with a high-quality textile lining and a hard rubber outsole with an even traction for a harder grip on the ground. For easy removal and wearing of the shoes, the rear is enhanced with comfortable mesh and a padded collar. To enhance durability and reliability, the pair is made from quality leather and textile combo. With cloud foam technology in the interior, the cushion is made to absorb intense leg movements and enhance comfort. It is also well perforated to ensure your feet are well aerated.
- Made from quality leather and textile hence durable
- Mesh rear quarter for comfort when wearing and removing
- Cloud foam sock liner with excellent cushioning guaranteeing comfort
- It is light-weight
- Tough rubber outsole with perfect traction for grip
- Cool urban design with 3 printed stripes
- It is not a high top basketball shoe. This may not adequately prevent ankle injury.
Adidas had always been known to produce some of the more popular, comfortable and decent shoes in the market. With the series of fashion comebacks and evolving trends when it comes to shoe designs, it is quite pleasurable to take notice of the Adidas Performance Men’s Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball Shoe. The design of this shoe is very basic- nothing flashy regarding its exterior aesthetics and over-all physical features. Naturally, it bears the signature Adidas flair and aura with the three side stripes, triangular logo and ever-familiar label. External material is a combination of fabric and leather plus rubber sole.
So, what can you look forward from this pair of Adidas shoes?
The best words to describe this pair from Adidas are comfortable and lightweight. Pretty basic for a pair of basketball shoes. However, it truly lives up to its name. The Cloudfoam technology delivers that lightweight feature with efficient cushioning. Equipped with Cloudfoam sockliner and midsole, it provides superior comfort and optimized protection on the foot’s pressure areas. It is literally soft, comfortable and light with the right amount of ventilation along the perforated areas.
The Adidas Performance Men’s Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball Shoe is available in various color combinations, Black, Onix, and Gray; Black, Metallic Silver, and White; White, Black and Metallic Silver; Onix, White and Collegiate Navy; and Black and University Red. Explore the various color combos that would best suit your personal style and taste. Each one exudes a sporty vibe with a touch of smart casual.
The Adidas Performance Men’s Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball Shoe is a decent product with a reasonable price. The design is very basic and quite classic making it suitable across a wider age bracket. It is also lightweight, comfortable, and breathable making it ideal for everyday use for basketball, in general. Price range is fair enough considering its quality, over-all features, and brand name.
This pair of shoes is recommended for those who are looking for decent and simple products that guarantee value for money. You would not mind owning two pairs of these shoes not just for their value but more importantly for their versatility and casual flair.
10. Nike Men’s
This is one of the pairs that are worth considering when looking for quality high top basketball shoes. It is a textile made pair with a tough rubber sole, making it an ideal pair for outdoor basketball. The Nike Rev is best praised for its light weight and comfort. It is a high top pair thereby protecting your ankles from injury during play. The Injected Phylon midsole ensures that the shoes feel lightweight when worn. With responsive cushioning and a well ventilated textile body, the shoes are very comfortable and prevent your feet from bad odor after the game. They also come with outsole grooves for superb flexibility. The rubber outsole wraps up the sides for excellent grip during play.
- Good quality textile finishing for durability
- Cool, sleek design
- Excellent ventilation
- Light-weight with perfect inner cushioning
- Quality rubber outsole for perfect grip
- Easy to clean
- Nice fit. The Rev fits snug in almost all areas, delivers on comfort and is nicely flexible
- Friendly price for all budgets
- A wide range of sizes and colors have pretty much everyone covered
- Awesome padding and air feature for comfortable landing
- Because of the textile finishing, they are prone to wear and tear if not stored well.
- The fuse below the mesh largely cancels out the breathability feature
- Tight midfoot makes it uncomfortable for wide footers
- Low traction makes it unsuitable for lower level courts
The Rev 2020 was Nike’s gift to basketball in the year. The shoe has been big in popularity both for its performance and pocket- friendly prices. But that doesn’t mean it will work for everybody. Here’s a detailed review to help you decide whether this is the right foot-glove for your court fight.
The Rev was developed with three main aims: comfort, support, and flexibility. The sole is made of a rubber compound with zig-zag grooves that extend across its width all the way to the outsole to ensure maximum flexibility. The traction sole is flat from heel to toe.
The upper part comprises a mesh textile with a narrow fuse underneath. It has thick padding on the collar and the tongue and strong riveted lace holes. A pull-on strip at the back of the collar enables easy wearing. On the inside, the Rev 2020 has a Phylon midsole and zoom air bag close to the forefoot. These are designed to make it more comfortable and give a bouncy air feel. They also absorb impact to make a landing more comfortable. The half-sleeve on the inside is also part of comfort design.
The comfort and flexibility of the rev are a big performance plus, but where could the shoe do with some improvement? The grooves on the under and outer sole are likely to collect dust when playing in a less than A-level court. This greatly compromises the shoe’s traction and could get you slipping more than necessarily often. Otherwise, you have to keep wiping, which really shouldn’t be the business on the pitch.
Available Sizes & Colors
The Rev offers a nice, wide range of sizes, starting at US size 6 (9.33 inches/23.7 em heel to toe length) all the way up to US size 18 (13.35 inch/35.9 em heel to toe length). Shoe sizes come with a corresponding narrow, medium, wide or extra-wide broadness.
Users can choose between cool grey-dark grey-white, black-anthracite gum light brown, Red-white, grey-white and royal-white heel, and body color combinations.
The price range is determined by both size and color. The smaller sizes go for around $7 4-95, medium sizes cost between $95 and $125, while huge and extra-large fits get into the cart for between $130 and $160.
Who is it for?
- The friendly price of the Rev 2020 makes it a good choice for basketball lovers working with whatever budget. It is not low-end or extremely plush.
- Most users who gave five-star reviews are those who use the shoe on a weekly basis. Daily users have had some issue with the gear’s durability.
- The Rev also tends to have a tight midfoot which would make it uncomfortable for people with wide feet. A simple trick to get around this is to get half a size larger than your snug fit.
- Since it does not offer any extras on stability, this shoe is best suited for players with independently great footwork.
Making sure you don’t miss out on a good pair of outdoor basketball shoes
Having the right basketball shoes may determine the difference in one’s play. Outdoor basketball courts have an effect of wearing out shoes much faster than indoor courts. Moreover, exposure to the various weather elements such as direct sunlight can have a detrimental impact on the material used to make your shoe. As a result, when choosing a pair of basketball shoes, there are various factors that you need to consider carefully. This article will take you through an all-around guide to selecting the right outdoor basketball shoes.
Benefits of outdoor basketball shoes
- Outdoor basketball courts tend to be rougher than indoor courts. This tends to create a problem in the form of decreased speed and increased traction. Outdoor basketball shoes are made with this problem in mind. They can provide adequate grip hence enabling sufficient movement in the court.
- Due to the nature of materials used in most outdoor courts, shoes are more prone to wear and tear. The need to push the shoes a little bit harder and exposure to sunlight increases wear and tear on some materials such as leather. Outdoor basketball shoes are reinforced to reduce wear and tear of the upper shoe part as well as the sole.
- Playing with the right shoes enhances not only performance but also increases the player’s comfort. Outdoor shoes tend to have thicker soles to cushion the player against the effects of uneven surfaces. Lack of adequate playing conditions in outdoor courts leads to more serious injuries. Unlike a fall in an indoor court, a fall in an outdoor court is likely to lead to bruises and cuts which can turn infectious. Having the right shoes reduces the risk of encountering accidental falls and injuries.
Types of outdoor basketball shoes
High top cut:
The high top cut type of basketball shoes are the most preferred amongst basketball players. This is due to their ability to maintain the ankle’s comfort. High top-cut shoes extend their top cuts to just above the ankle. This reduces the chances of ankle strains and injuries. Unfortunately, they are noted for being heavy hence decreasing a player’s speed.
These shoes have a cut that extends to just below the ankle. The shoe cut allows for quick movement while retaining a mid-level of comfort. Unfortunately, they do not offer ankle anchorage which may expose the player to ankle injuries.
Low top cut:
Low cut shoes are known for their ability to reduce exhaustion while increasing player speed due to their lightness. They are not common amongst players since are the least comfortable of all the models.
Factors to consider while purchasing that outdoor basketball shoe
As you choose your shoe you have to consider why you need the shoe. One of the dynamics you might have to look at is whether you are buying the shoes for training purpose or more for active playing. Another aspect will be how often you expect to use the shoe. This personnel needs aspects will inform on the level of durability you should choose.
while getting a good shoe is important it should not be way too expensive as compared to the need. If the shoes are meant for home use, you should consider buying effective but best cheap basketball shoes.
You might be asking if it matters whether you buy a Nike or an Adidas. The answer is yes, it does. Different manufacturers have different features incorporated into their shoes. For instance, Nike shoes have a hyperfuse feature that makes a good number of their shoes a little lighter. On the other hand, some Adidas shoes are made with a hard knit feature that makes the shoe hold more firmly to the foot during a game.
New or old:
New basketball shoes can be pricey. As such you might get tempted to buy a pair of second-hand shoes. If you can get a nice, almost-new pair of shoes, then you are okay. However, if you decide to go the second-hand way you might need to look for signs of wear and tear. The soles should be rigid with the grooves intact. Otherwise, you are better off buying a new pair of shoes.
As you buy the shoe you should consider the size of the shoes. The shoes should not be firm, but also provide for space to wiggle the foot. It is important to consider that weather patterns too, affect the shoe fit. For instance, shoes tend to expand during hot weather and contract when it is cold. As such it is advised, you try out those shoes in the evening when they are likely the right size.
Q: What does the best outdoor basketball shoes have?
A: Follow below steps
Shoe outsoles are almost always made of rubber. In exceptional cases, there are shoes that are made of PVC. For outdoor basketball shoes, the best soles are made of rubber. Outsoles are responsible for traction and therefore the grooves on the sole need to be adequate to handle all form of outdoor courts.
The midsole is responsible for maintaining the player’s foot comfort as they run and when they land from a jump. The material should be able to provide a cushion during gameplay. The most common materials used to make midsole are polyurethane and Ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA).
Superior upper material:
The upper shoe material is very important in the maintenance of high shoe quality. The most used materials include synthetic materials, leather, and fabric. Leather has been the first choice but due to their need for high maintenance synthetic materials are being adopted. Fabric materials are more popular due to their light-weight nature. For superior quality, you can choose a shoe that combines two or more materials.
To improve shoe fit you should choose a shoe with a good set of enclosures. There are various styles of closures including, bare laces, zips, Velcro, and straps. The most common choice is the use of laces. However to create a more tight fit without the need to always close the shoelace you can choose a combo style of closings.
Q: What to know before you go?
A: Before placing your hands on that box of shoes, there are a few things that you need to check including;
Personal skill level:
As you buy an outdoor basketball shoe you need to consider your skill level. This will inform the type of shoe you choose. As an example, if you are not highly skilled you should choose light shoes with high traction to enable quick movement without exposing yourself to fatigue.
How prone are you to injuries such as hamstring, ankle and knee injuries? If you have recorded high incidences of on-court injuries you should choose shoes that will cushion against such. Also, some shoes are more compatible with safety accessories such as knee braces. Such shoes should be your first choice.
Features to Consider on a good outdoor basketball shoe
Good shoes should create a good grip on the court. Lack of grip is likely to expose you to slips and falls on the courts. Extra traction, on the other hand, inhibits quick movement on the court and may also lead to forwarding slips. For enhanced traction in outdoor basketball courts, shoes with hard rubber and thick grooves are considered more ideal
Comfort and cushion:
To complement grip and quick movement mid-top cut shoes are more preferred amongst players. The playing conditions outdoors also require shoes that are more cushioned due to the rough nature of some of the courts.
Good shoes need to be able to withstand the abrasive nature of outdoor courts. The material and soles ought to be sturdy enough to withstand damage from rough surfaces.
Buying the shoe is one thing, keeping it in good shape is another thing. You should, therefore, choose a shoe that is easy to maintain. The shoe should be able to withstand a few games before requiring thorough cleaning. However, after each game, you should always lightly wipe the shoe. You can also fit the unworn shoe with pieces of cloth or newspapers to maintain the shape.
Finally, there are a couple of more features that you may consider when choosing your pair of shoes; like the color of the shoe. However, if you consider the factors above you are assured of getting yourself a good, reliable pair of outdoor basketball shoes.
- An extract from Shoe Advisor: BASKETBALL SHOES HISTORY
- Will Carroll: Basketball shoe trends favor fashion over feet
- Tim Newcomb: Nike Debuts Self-Fitting Smart-Sneaker Technology As Business Model Of Future
- W K. Lam, W H. Kan, J S. Chia, and P W Kong: Effect of shoe modifications on biomechanical changes in basketball