- 1 1. Earthwise TC70001 11-Inch 8.5-Amp Corded Electric Tiller/Cultivator
- 2 2. Sun Joe Garden TJ600E Tiller
- 3 3. Sun Joe 12-Amp TJ603E Tiller/Cultivator
- 4 4. Earthquake 43cc MC43 Cultivator
- 5 5. Mantis 7920 2-Cycle
- 6 6. BLACK+DECKER LGC120 20V Lithium Ion Cordless Garden Cultivator/Tiller
- 7 7. GreenWorks 27072 8 Amp 10-Inch Corded Tiller
- 8 8. Mantis 7250 Electric Tiller/Cultivator
- 9 9. Mantis 7250 Electric Tiller/Cultivator
- 10 10. Mantis 7262-00-02 4-Cycle Honda Gas-Powered Tiller/Cultivator
- 11 Best Electric Tiller Buying Guide
- 12 What is an Electric Tiller?
- 13 Why do You Need an Electric Tiller?
- 14 Benefits of an electric tiller
- 15 Types of Electric Tillers
- 16 Factors to consider while purchasing an electric tiller
- 17 What the Best Electric Tiller Has
- 18 Features to Consider in an Electric Tiller
- 19 FAQs
For all your gardening tasks, Earthwise tiller/cultivator is highly recommended. It does not just have all it takes to fulfill your needs of lawn preparation for new seedling plantation but also designed in a slim manner that meets all the needs of a reliable and effective electric tiller. This is due to its double four blade tines made of pure steel for increased efficacy and efficiency. Earthwise tiller has the capability for tilling up to 8.0 inches depth and 11 inches cutting width, thanks to its 8.5-Amp capacity. As for handling, the firm grip necessitated by an ergonomic handle which is also equipped with a handling hook makes the tiller enjoyable as well as easy to use. For that reason, it takes position one on our list.
- It is not just a lightweight machine but has firm grip too.
- It’s tilling depth and cutting width makes it a must-have gardening tool
- There are no emissions of fume or gas, so it is environmentally friendly.
- It designed in a slim and slim thus takes less space, thus consumes less storage space
- No disadvantage so far.
Sun Joe Garden T J600E tiller guarantees you no more hard work during garden preparation season. Unlike Earthwise, this tiller has four steel blades with a 14-inch wide cultivation path but only 7 -inch tilling depth. Its powerful 6.5-Amp motor is not just dependable but ensures little worry of dead batteries as well as gas or oil shortage. How about an accidental start-up? The machine is fitted with both safety switch and ergonomic handle to minimize accidents and provide firm grip respectively. Also, Sun Joe Garden T J600E is about 17 pounds in weight thus easy to handle and maneuver.
- Has a 14-inch cultivation width
- Has a powerful motor of 6.5-Amp capacity
- Easy to operate
- Minimal chances of accidents due to the presence of the safety switch
1. None so far
Sun Joe 12-Amp T J603E is also manufactured by Sun Joe, but only applicable in medium sized or smaller lawns. Unlike any other previously mentioned electric tillers, Sun Joe 12-Amp T J603E has collapsible steel handle thus good for smaller storage space. It also has 6 steel angled blades with a 16-inch cultivation width. Its 12-Amp motor capacity is also good enough to ensure efficient and faster functionality.
- It is powerful electric tiller
- It has 6 angled steel blades with 16-inch cultivation width
- It can be a bit difficult to handle in hard clay soils thus strong handling may be needed
Earthquake 43cc MC43 is a mini electric tiller suitable for weeding and soil aeration, especially fertilizer-soil mixing processes. It is good for all soil types, thanks to its 43cc engine. It is also easy to control but may require some firm grip due to occasional bouncing tendency, especially on hard earth. Earthquake MC43 is fairly priced. It has about 6-10 inches cultivation width but 8-inch tilling depth.
- Good for weeding and fertilizer mixing
- Has a powerful 43cc viper engine, thus highly effective and efficient
- Light in weight and has high maneuverability
- The presence of the viper makes it difficult to start
- Consumes lots of storage space
Mantis 2-Cycle is what you will need for a faster weeding, especially on greenhouse soil type. It is equipped with a reliable power plug which is not just standard but ensures that the machine performs efficiently. It has tilling depth capability of 10 inches but a 9-inch cultivation width. As for storage space, you should worry less. Mantis 2-Cycle has foldable handles thus covering less storage space.
- Has a tilling depth of 10 inches
- It is highly suitable for taller plants
- Comfortable to handle and maneuver
- Uses a mixture of gas and oil
If you are worried that nutrients and water rarely reach plant roots, then Black+ Decker LGC120 is what you need. This is because it has double steel tines which can easily move between the plants while preventing tangling of the weeds. This tiller has a tilling depth of 4 inches and has an adjustable handle for appropriate telescoping length.
- No weed tangling during the weeding process
- Works on 20V battery thus cordless
- The 20V battery can last for 325. Sq. ft. on a single charge thus a bit involving
- Has shallow tiling depth of 4 inches
GreenWorks 27072 is a simple electric tiller with 8-inch onward rotating steel blades for not only high performance but also dipper tilling depths. Unlike other aforementioned electric tillers. GreenWorks 27072 has an adjustable cultivation width from 8.25 inches minimum to 10 inches max1mum. It can easily be handled as well stored due to its foldable handles. Also, the machine registers high performance thus ensuring that your lawn is well cultivated.
- Suited with adjustable wheels
- Both cultivation depth and width can be adjusted
- Compared to other tillers. GreenWorks 27072 lacks a stronger grip
- Not applicable in stony and rocky soils
Troy-Bilt TB154E is an electric tiller equipped with rotating steel blades for easier and faster cultivation, thanks to its powerful 6-Amp motor. Like GreenWorks 27072, Troy-Bilt 6-Amp TB154E has adjustable cultivation width (from 6 to 9 inches). The rotating steel blade tines are applicable for not just faster cultivation, but also constant turning of the soil.
- Has adjustable cultivation width
- Takes more storage space
2. The aerator attachment so must be purchased differently.
This is also a medium and lightweight electric tiller by Mantis. It is just 21 pounds in weight thus easy to store, carry and maneuver. It works faster therefore applicable for light tasks which need to be performed quickly such as seedbed preparation.
- Has a good cultivation width ( 10 inches)
- It is easy to operate and maneuver due to its small weight
- It is much simpler to start up
- Has a tilling depth of only 3 inches
- Has no safety switch that safeguards against accidents
This is the last tiller on our list. It is a Honda-powered gas tiller but functions electrically. It is made in a compact way thus easy to handle and carry. Mantis 7262 has a 10-inch cultivation width and a 2-3 inch till depth.
- Has four powerful cycle engines thus works faster
- Its compact size saves storage space
- Has shallow tilling depth of only 3 inches.